This is a fun game my sister passed along that was a good opportunity for me to think hard about things I appreciate and value. Activities like this are good for me to do once in awhile just to remind myself who I am and what blessings I have in my life. It also helps me realize that there's really no reason for me to be as grumpy as I am sometimes. :)
1- Latin Ballroom - Anyone who know me knows I love to dance, and have spent most of my life doing some form of it. In college I fell in love with Latin ballroom, and it was even how I met Seth. Anyway, I am a particuar fan of rumba and cha-cha. But I love other forms of ballroom as well. One of the big reasons we moved from Ridgecrest was because there were no real opportunities for dancing there and I couldn't take it anymore!
As a side note, I have actually been doing Argentine tango since June and I even work for the tango instructor, who is a former international tango champion. It has been such a blessing for me to have this opportunity. We couldn't afford to take dance classes continuously, and now Seth and I get free classes and a few extra bucks a week by taking care of the spreadsheets. I work with great people and my schedule is so flexible. It has been a lot of fun and I'm thankful this opportunity fell right into my lap when I really wanted it!
2- Lawrence Welk - if you don't know who this is, you're missing out. This old-timer's tv show was where I learned to love ballroom dancing. It's the number one reason I wish we got local channels on tv. One of my fondest childhood memories is taking our Saturday night bath and then getting our hair tied in rag curlers and dancing around the living room while we watched Lawrence Welk on tv. Ahhhh. Love it.
3- Love - I'm thankful for all kinds of love: the love I have with my husband, with my kids, with my family, with friends and neighbors. I'm also of course thankful for the love our Heavenly Father has for us. He knows us so well and loves us so much, and we can always feel it when we need to. I'm also grateful that at Christmas time, you can feel this love all over, all the time! It's such a miracle to me.
4- Lists - It seems to me that most people like making lists for the satisfaction of crossing things off when they're done. Not me. I don't particularly care about accomplishing things. I love lists for the sake of the lists themselves. I like things organized.
5- Life - Yes, I like living, but the life I mean is the life all around us in the world. We have recently enjoyed watching the Planet Earth series and it's so fascinating and beautiful seeing the variety of life that has been placed on the earth for us to enjoy. I really do appreciate it.
6- Libraries - I love to read and I'm thankful to have libraries (and I'm thankful that those libraries are free!) I'm also thankful for the wonderful resources our libraries are for our children. It's such a great way for them to discover and explore their interests, and it's so fun to experience storytimes and various activities with them.
7- Long Hair - I wish I could grow it. My hair never looks the same for more than one haircut because the texture is so awful I just cannot find a good way to do it. If I could, I would have long, silky hair with loose, soft curls. Maybe in the next life!
8- Lightning - I love to watch lightning storms, as long as I know I'm safe. It kind of puts me in awe of the power of nature, and of course, the Omnipotent power that governs all nature!
9- Little Hands - My favorite thing about babies and my littel children are their tiny, soft, dimpled hands. I think they are so precious. Other super cute hands can be found on bats, lizards, and frogs. They are so stinking cute!
10- Light Touch Massage - I am a tactile person and I LOVE backscratches and massages, and my favorite is the technique of lightly dragging the back of the fingertips on my skin. Nothing makes me feel better faster!
Anyone else need a letter?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a "lovely" list. I did not know how much you "love' to dance. It was fun to "learn" this about you. I would "like" to see you dance sometime.
You did a good job on your list! Lawrence Welk... I remember tucking our nightgowns in our underwear so we could dance and do our gymnastics easier :) Good ol' Saturday nights!
Post a Comment