Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"Wow, you're a chunky one!"

Believe it or not, this is what was said to me today by the cashier at Target after she found out I was only five months pregnant. I didn't even know what to say, I totally just stared at her. I mean, honestly, even if it's true, does anybody ever actually come out and SAY that to a pregnant lady?
She did add that at least I am only big in the stomach, which must be a plus (yes it is, thank you). But seriously!

I hate, hate, hate people asking me how far along I am, and then expressing surprise that I am not about to deliver; I hate people telling me that this is going to be a huge baby (I have never had even a big baby, and I was humongous with Joshua); and I hate people telling me "Oh, you're getting big!" in a tone that implies that if I'm getting big, it must be getting close. I KNOW I'm huge, and no, I have not gained too much weight, and this is not a huge baby, and I am not due for over FOUR MORE MONTHS, no matter how big I am!

Sorry to go on the rampage. I just needed somewhere to vent because I get so tired of hearing this...and it's going to last for oh so much longer...

But then when I came home I found a sample of a teeny tiny newborn diaper in the mail and it made me so excited for this little one. Those diapers are the cutest things ever (next to the baby of course). So I guess I can live with "the comments" if I have to...but be forewarned that if you are standing next to me when you make one of these comments you will be kicked.

By the way, we need help. Does anybody have any boy names they really like that sound good with Nielsen?

8 comments:

Paul and Susan said...

I would be angry too. People can be so insensitive in their comments. I think you have a right to vent!

Deanna said...

Just lie and say that you're 8 months along :) Congrats by the way!

KaraLynne and Andy said...

Sheesh - people, its just common sense. You never ever comment on a woman's shape pregnant. Ever.

Tiffany said...

It'll al be worth it in the end- So I hear :)

What about Charlie? Or Frankie? Frankie Valli would be honored!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, goes with Nielson? . . . Niels! Niels Nielson definitely goes together.

Marissa said...

I like the name Christian. Paul doesn't like it, so you should use it (if you like it) :)

Heather said...

sorry. I had people make lame comments to me as well- it's so annoying. Do these people know what commen sense is? Those mini diapers are the cutest! Hmmm Jon and I still haven't picked out "the boy name," so I am of no help. We have plenty of girl names!

Ben Nielsen said...

let's see, boy names with Nielsen... Destro, Dragonsbreath, Killer, or my personal favorite... Chunky One Nielsen!!