Hannah has lately been obsessed with those scripture-story books. She spent a couple of days poring over the Old Testament stories and came up with the best version of "where babies come from" I have ever heard:
"When I was a child I was in the flood (Noah's) and my mom -- my old mom -- started being wicked and she threw me up to the Bible and Abraham caught me and sent me back down through the clouds to a new, righteous mom and that's how I got in your tummy!" Whoa!
Another time H and J were taking a bath together when all of a sudden Joshua started crying and crying. When I came in to check on them Hannah was standing up in the tub and told me she had accidentally kicked him in the face (?). I never was quite sure how it happened, but anyway, she knows she's not supposed to stand up in the tub. For her defense, she says "But I'm afraid to sit down. I don't like green water!" "What is green water?" I ask. To which she replies: "Joshie makes it! He goes psssshhhhhh..." and uses her hand to indicate a fountain springing forth from..well, you know. So I said, "Did Joshie pee in the water?" Hannah: "No, but he might!!!"
Here was a real kick in the head: Last night after dinner H sat down on my chair and, giggling, said, "I'm mommy!" So, curious to see what part of my personality she would portray, I said, "Well, what does Mommy say?" ...
"MOOOOOO!"
2 comments:
I love her birth story! That is hilarious. Sounds like she keeps you entertained.
Hannah's got a great imagination. I love her stories!
Post a Comment