Saturday, May 7, 2011

Seth in his sleep....

I consider myself to be luckier than most women. My husband not only has a good sense of humor when he's awake, he's also hilarious when he's asleep. Occasionally he treats me to some very interesting conversations/shows/etc during the night, and I am always thankful I was awake at the right time to witness them. Here are a couple of incidents from this past week.

The first few days of the week I am at tango practices so late in the evening that Seth is usually in bed asleep by the time I get home. Some night earlier this week, maybe Mon or Tue, was one such night. I quickly got ready for bed, leaned over and gave Seth a kiss on the cheek as I got into bed, and he (totally asleep) started talking to me in his best "tough guy" voice. First he just mumbled "thank you!" with kind of a giggle (if you can imagine a tough guy giggling). Then he says, sounding smug and tough, "If I have an eruption, you'll know what to do. And who to call." Since that makes no sense I of course asked him to repeat himself, which he obligingly did two or three times. Then I started laughing, which he must have found offensive, because he came back with, "What's so funny? Rarr-rarr-rarr!" (some sort of weird lion growl)...."Looks to me like you're looking for a punch in the face!" I thought I was going to die laughing but I did my best to stop since you never know what he'll do in his sleep and I was afraid he actually might punch me!

Then yesterday we went shopping at Costco and got some new pajamas for Joshie and Eli. We also got a new dresser at IKEA that we were up late putting together, and our room was such a mess we just slept downstairs, me on the couch and Seth on the floor. Of course the living room was also a mess because we still had so much Costco stuff out. Well, apparently it's not safe to leave anything out near Seth while he is sleeping, because we woke up a little after 5:30 this morning to tend a hungry baby, and as Seth was stumbling around mostly asleep, trying to get a bottle for Eli, he noticed something tight around his upper left thigh. That woke him up enough to wonder, "What the heck is this?" And in the dark I see him pull off Eli's new pajama shorts!!!!!!!! I'm talking size 12-month shorts here, all the way up around Seth's leg! He of course had NO idea how on earth they ended up there, and when we though to check later today, sure enough he has totally stretched out one leg of Eli's new pj's that he hasn't even worn yet!

Sometimes I think this man is crazy... but he sure keeps things exciting! Love ya honey! ;)

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Ha ha! That is sooo funny! Scott will occasionally talk to me in his sleep and I love it - it really is too fun. Wish he did it more. And I'm glad I don't do it!

Deanna said...

I'm laughing so hard I think I might pee my pants. Hilarious! Thanks so much for sharing. I needed a good laugh- it's been a rough day.

Seth said...

Lies! I'm pretty sure that I probably did not do these things. ;)

Heather said...

so hilarious. my husband does crazy things in his sleep as well. the best was when i was pregnant with rowan and we were in bed- i wasn't asleep yet- he was. all of a sudden he moves towards me- well, my chest, says something and starts to move away. i asked, "what are you doing?" his response was, "looking for the secret keyboard hidden in your boobs." I about died. I about died reading your story too. Cracks me up.