skip to main
|
skip to sidebar
Just the Five of Us
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Hannah and Parent-Teacher Conferences
Hannah's toothless grin -- she's missing 3 teeth. I think she looks super cute with that huge hole in her mouth.
I don't know what is going on with my computer but I can't seem to type without underlining. No idea how to fix that of course so oh well.
Hannah is getting to be such a big girl. I can't believe she will be 7 next month! She's only ten inches shorter than I am, and although I'm not what you would consider tall...or even average...I kind of always figured she'd be my "little" girl for longer than this! :( But I can't complain too much because she is turning out to be such a great kid. She is so creative and hilarious. Her "thing" lately has been an obsession with her 3 invisible Angry Birds piggies. (She's the only kid I know that likes the pigs better than the birds, but then, she's always rooted for the predator. She used to watch shows about animals and when the wolves are chasing the deer, she cheers for the wolves. She's also been known to describe Winnie-the-Pooh's friend Piglet as "delicious". If nothing else, she has a bright future as a butcher.)
Anyway, she has these three baby pigs, gender neutral but named Rose, Tulip and Daffodil. She takes them everywhere. When she walks to school she holds her hands out in front of her like she's pushing a baby carriage. After school she tells me all about what her piggies did during the day, and she spends the rest of the day bathing, feeding, and changing them, wherever we are. This has been going on for a couple of weeks now probably, making it officially the longest-running "imaginary friend" we've ever had at our house. (The only other one was a boy named Fabric that Hannah had as a friend for a week or so when she was 3.)
(As a side note: I just went upstairs to check on them and Hannah showed me the new "curtain" she hung up around her bed because she is apparently giving birth right now.? She's very imaginative!)
I had a conference with her Mandarin teacher today (who teaches all of Hannah's subjects except English). I love parent-teacher conferences. :) Ms. Wass loves Hannah to death and thinks she is perfect. That's pretty much the only thing I've ever heard from Hannah's teachers. She also said that academically, Hannah is the "advanced of the advanced" and scores 100% on almost everything, including her state benchmark tests. In Mandarin, they were recently tested on instantly recalling 87 characters from throughout the year, and without any review Hannah was able to identify 80 of them. Go Hannah!
Tomorrow we meet with her English teacher, and I'm sure that will be fun too. I talked with her in passing last week and discovered that they have been writing pieces about a hero of theirs and Hannah chose Mommy. :)
Hannah is so sweet and lovey, and always tells me I'm perfect and that she always wants to be with me. (How much longer can I expect that to last? I have a feeling I'd better enjoy it while I can.)
1 comment:
Tiffany
said...
I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS NEXT WEEK! Ahhhh, thanks for the update!
March 14, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Post a Comment
Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Background
The Two of Us
Hannah and Joshie
Eli Peli
What we believe
Friends and Family
Allyson and Ben
Allyson's Design Blog
Ambyr and Tyler
Angela and Marcos
Ann
Bethany and Mike
Caitlin
Candace and Andrew
Cheyenne and Seth
Connie and Matt
Darlene and Greg
Deanna and Charles
Elder Crandall
Erin and Alex
Erin and Bob
Hannah and Adam
Heather and Jon
Heather and Sam
Heather and Sam (cousins)
Jenae and Glenn
Jerri and Aaron
Julie and Ryan
KaraLynne and Andrew
Liz and Walker
Maegan and Boz
Marissa and Paul
Martha and Josh
Melanie and Alan
Melissa and Scott
Michelle and Aaron
Misti
Sarah and Grant
Sarah and Jaeson
Stefanie and Jason
Susan and Paul
Tiffany and Robbie
Blog Archive
►
2015
(13)
►
May
(5)
►
February
(5)
►
January
(3)
►
2014
(16)
►
December
(6)
►
September
(10)
►
2013
(5)
►
April
(2)
►
March
(3)
▼
2012
(11)
►
July
(3)
►
May
(2)
►
April
(2)
▼
March
(2)
Welcome Home, John...
Hannah and Parent-Teacher Conferences
►
January
(2)
►
2011
(15)
►
September
(1)
►
May
(3)
►
April
(5)
►
March
(2)
►
February
(1)
►
January
(3)
►
2010
(17)
►
December
(3)
►
November
(1)
►
September
(1)
►
August
(4)
►
July
(1)
►
June
(2)
►
May
(1)
►
April
(1)
►
February
(2)
►
January
(1)
►
2009
(27)
►
December
(1)
►
November
(4)
►
September
(5)
►
August
(2)
►
July
(1)
►
June
(1)
►
May
(3)
►
April
(5)
►
March
(3)
►
February
(1)
►
January
(1)
►
2008
(25)
►
December
(3)
►
November
(4)
►
October
(2)
►
September
(2)
►
August
(4)
►
July
(6)
►
June
(3)
►
May
(1)
FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed
Feedjit Live Blog Stats
1 comment:
I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS NEXT WEEK! Ahhhh, thanks for the update!
Post a Comment