Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Experiment

This morning I woke up and decided that Hannah and Joshua need to learn how to share a bedroom. Anyone who's ever seen them do this, for example, when we're on vacation, knows that I must be out of my mind. But they both go to bed around 5pm and wake up around 6am, so I figured they might as well do it in the same room and give me some more space in my house.

So I tried to put them to bed as usual tonight... between the two of them, they've been screaming, crying, laughing, throwing things, jumping in their beds, and goofing around for the last hour...

Wish me luck.

7 comments:

Liz said...

Good luck! We've had a *fun* time transitioning Jamison to a toddler bed. I didn't know bedtime could be so fun for kids. I want to see more pics of Baldy :)

Unknown said...

Wow! Good luck! I hope it goes smoothly for you guys!

I can't believe they both go to sleep so early! I'm lucky if I can get Autumn and Summer in bed by 9:00! Most nights 10:00! Of course, we try 8:00 bedtime but they just don't want to sleep!

Tiffany said...

Hi, this is Robbie. Yeah, I think it's crazy that they go to bed so early. Well, I guess it sounds like going to bed isn't necessarily synonymous with sleeping. Haha! I bet they'll have a lot of fun.

Ambyr said...

Wow, good luck...you're gonna need it! But I'm with you, they need to share. It's how it should be. xoxo

Paul and Susan said...

I think you do a great job as Mom and have lots of good ideas that you are willing to stick to and implement. You're an awesome Mom. Hang in there!

Heather said...

heatherlarson88@gmail.com
send me your address and you'll get the goods!

Melanie Papworth said...

I dont think we can be friends anymore. 5pm to 6am?!!??!! Kambree sleeps exactly 8 hours or less. So, it's either 8pm-4am, 9pm-5am, or 10pm-6am. I have been doing 9:30ish-5:30sih lately. I hate you!!!!