Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The story...

All right! I thought that would elicit more comments than usual. The story: there isn't one. I could say she got gum stuck in her hair, or she got hold of the scissors, or that she has a terrible illness (which you know people are wondering when she's out in public)...but nothing happened. We just decided to start over. Hannah was born with lots of hair, but it never fell out, so she never got the stronger hair that grows in later. We've been keeping her hair short for the past year and a half, but lately we've noticed that it just doesn't grow. It's so thin and wispy too. (no, she doesn't have any vitamin deficiencies, she's very healthy). In some cultures, they shave their babies' heads as soon as they're born so their hair grows in thicker, and one of my friends did that with her baby girl, who now has very nice, thick hair...so we figured, she's already three, so we better do it and get it over with before she goes to school. Hannah doesn't seem to mind too much; we took her to Walmart and let her choose some headbands and a new hat to decorate her naked noggin. The hardest thing is trying not to call her Baldy all the time...but once again, she's too young to understand the negative connotation associated with that nickname, so she doesn't care. And we think she looks cute. She knows that she's going to grow "princess hair" now. Luckily she has a nicely shaped head... Here's a picture of Baldy and her sunglasses "bra".

9 comments:

maegan said...

HAhaha, nice. I guess I can tell Boz that "mohawk baby" is no more :). Let us know how it does grow in?
-Jack was born with a lot of hair, but never lost it either. By 4 months old his head was growing so fast (you should see the size of that noggin), his hair couldn't keep up. He had this weird mullet. So I buzzed his little head, its been nice, even, luscious, thick stuff ever since. (I'd have done it he was a girl too. Elyette lost hers so I didn't have to).

Heather said...

styling outfit. just hope she doesn't go out in that when she is 16. I have never heard that before- but I want my son to have thick luscious locks- so maybe I should shave his head! Good luck- I hope her princess hair comes in quickly. and yes, she is still a darling little thing.Thanks for telling us the "story"- I have been waiting.

Tiffany said...

You STILL don't have pictures of your bangs!!!! You're fired :) I like the sunglasses bra.

Adrienne said...

Thank you for ending the suspense! That is an interesting idea...in any case, Hannah looks cute as ever!

Tyler said...

I am actually trying that hairstyle myself. I already started on the front and am slowly working my way backwards. I hope to be done when I turn 40. She is so cute, I think she can get away with hit. Tell her Uncle Tyler says hi and loves her.

Grant, Sarah, Edwin, and Leland said...

Wow, that is interesting stuff I'm glad to learn about it. I'm not too worried with Edwin, but if I ever get girls, I'll shave their heads when they're young so they can have nice full heads of hair. I can't wait to see how it goes with your little girl.

Darlene Swapp said...

OH little Hannah She is so cute. I'm glad we'll be close to you guys soon so I can see it in person! love ya!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! She's so cute!! I'm anxious to see how it turns out! Summer's hair is just not growing and Aaron's been threatening to shave it! I don't know if I could do it though, she has all thes cute little curls!

Hannah is so cute though! Love her little "bra"!!

Tango said...

Yes, I have heard of others doing this. I wish my parents would have shaved my head. Maybe it is not too late. Mmmm, I'm thinking of trying this for myself. Okay, well probably not on me, but maybe on Olivia.