Sunday, April 11, 2010

On Questions

So, I knew the day would come when Hannah would reach the phase of Questions. I always dreaded it because I am the kind of person who doesn't like to learn things, I just like to know things. When Seth tries to explain things to me (such as how a microwave or computer works), I can't even listen because I just don't care -- as long as it does work I'm happy. Hannah, on the other hand, is always curious about technological things like that, so I think Seth is really happy that he has someone who is sincerely interested in what he does all day at work (even though a lot of it he can't explain because it is classified information).

Anyway, I expected those kids of questions to come along -- aren't they supposed to ask questions like "Why is the sky blue?" or "Where does rain come from?" and "How does this work and how does that work?" But I have to say I am constantly blown away at the things that come out of Hannah's mouth. Here are some of my "favorite" questions lately:

-"What if a butterfly poops on my hand and I eat it?"
-"What does it look like inside my uterus?"
-"What does it look like inside a chicken's mouth?"
-"What if I catch a squirrel and throw it?"

and here's the best one:
-"What if you have your hand on my bum and I toot in your hand?"

I, on the other hand, only have one question to ask: Am I actually expected to answer questions like this???

2 comments:

Darlene Swapp said...

Oh my goodness, so funny, love that Hannah, and Joshie too!

Paul and Susan said...

Those are some amazingly unique questions!