Thursday, March 3, 2011

More of the same...


I promise this is not going to be the only topic of this blog for the rest of my life, I just need to get it out of my system! I guess the reason I can't think of anything else to say is because this IS my life...all day, every day...Joshua spelling random words out, and The Cosby Show.

Joshie likes to copy words and phrases he finds in random places around the house. I don't have pictures of all of them, but in addition to this Disney one, we've also recently come across such things as "White-Rogers" (the brand name on our thermostat...minus the hyphen of course) and "Guthy-Renker" (the company that produced my Pilates videos, again minus the hyphen).

Obviously since his whole life revolves around the Cosby show right now, he likes to write out things pertaining to that topic...above is his very own phonetic spelling of "Vanessa"...pretty good for a 3-year-old!!!! He's a genius :)
And he has officially changed his name to "Cosby" and has to remind us every day that his name is NOT Joshua, it is Cosby (well, one day it was Mary Ann, from Alice in Wonderland...)

...and unfortunately I did not get a picture of this one, and it felt like cheating to redo it myself, but I came across a word in the living room that said "INOCOSBY"......"I know Cosby!" His reaction when I read it out was so cute...giddy and a little embarrassed, like he simply could NOT resist any longer the temptation to spell out his deepest fantasy, and was SO excited to see it there but, at the same time, embarrassed to have it there in the open for someone else to see. He cracks me up.

...and before I forget, he said the funniest Cosby quote the other day. I was coming down the stairs and heard him say, directed at Seth, "Why don't YOU...get a JOB...and get outta my house!"

Someone save me, this one's starting already!!!!!

1 comment:

Paul and Susan said...

That is amazing Joshua is so fascinated with the Cosby show. It is a great show. I think it is great how he spells out so many things. What a smart boy!