Thursday, April 7, 2011

Travelogue Part II

So, to recover from my non-vacation, Seth's parents came out to visit last weekend and we got to go away and spend a night in Coronado, at the Hotel Del! It was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G to have 24 hours without children -- we got a super fantastic massage, had a delicious dinner courtesy of Marshall -- thank you Papa! -- and slept 9 HOURS STRAIGHT! I didn't wake up until 8 a.m. Wow! It was great. Then we had a great breakfast and I took a nice, hot bath before we checked out of the hotel.

It was so relaxing I felt like I was drugged the rest of the weekend, til Monday afternoon. I just could not "wake up". I guess that's my body telling me I'm too tired from getting 5-6 hours of interrupted sleep every night for the past 7 months, in addition to child care and as much tango as I do. Go figure. Unfortunately, while Oma took charge of the kids Monday -- my last chance for freedom! -- I went into exile (reading out at the pool) for a little too long and got FRIED! I have a terrible, excruciatingly painful, probably 2nd-degree sunburn all over my body. Small price to pay for being along all afternoon, right?

We relaxed so much while on vacation, I didn't even bother taking a picture. But last June, Darlene stayed with the kids for a night while we visited Coronado. We didn't stay at the Del that time, but took a picture outside it, so I thought I would finally post that. (Thanks Dar!) I'm sooooo relieved that I didn't look like that this time around! And thank you, thank you Oma and Papa! Mama needed the break! Ready to come back yet??? :D


5 comments:

Liz said...

I'm so jealous! I want to go back to Coronado so badly. That is awesome you stayed at the Del. Were you in one of the haunted rooms? :)

Rebecca said...

Lol! No Liz, just a regular old room. :) But it was nice!!!

Deanna said...

I love that hotel! I've actually never stayed in it but, I love looking in their art gallery. Do they still have it? It is so important to get away every once in awhile without kids, just you and the hubs. Wish I could do it once a month!

Darlene Swapp said...

You are welcome! (for last year that is) Glad you got your much needed rest and relaxation. Can't wait to see you guys!

Paul and Susan said...

I'm glad you got a nice break. You deserve it!