Saturday, January 7, 2012

Santa's helper...

I give up on trying to update with photos every time. My goal this year is to write on the blog more often just because it's the only kind of journaling I really do and I want to remember the events and moments of family life...amusing and otherwise...

Hannah has such a funny imagination. It comes so effortlessly for her. She is constantly drawing and writing books and all of her pictures and stories have these hilarious little touches in them that make them so unique. When she draws a picture of her family, it's not just people standing there; it's Mommy walking holding Eli, Hannah and Joshie following her with their arms extended straight out in front of them like mummies, and Daddy walking after them looking confused and with a question mark over his head. When she explains the picture, she says Daddy looks like that because he's wondering why H&J are holding their arms out like that. So random! And Eli is looking out from the picture saying "goo" and Mommy is saying "silly baby!"

Anyway, Hannah's latest creative piece from school was pretty funny. In English class, they were given cutouts of Santa's legs sticking out of a chimney, and they were supposed to write what they would do if Santa was stuck in the chimney. (As a side note, I saw several of these hung up in the hallway at school, and they all said they would get Santa a ladder or tell his reindeer to help him out.) Hannah's said: "If Santa was stuck in my chimney I would jump on his bottom!"

No comments: