Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Horrors of Potty Training: Part 3

I hate potty-training. It's top on my short list of parenting jobs I detest. Sometimes people ask me for potty-training advice, and even with three trained kids, I still don't have any theories on how to get it done. But I do have advice now: just throw them out. (The underpants, not the kids.) I've always felt like you have to salvage and scrub out (or save for daddy to scrub out) the clothes they make messes in. But Eli did it SO often, I finally quit putting myself through that and just...threw them out. I dropped messy underpants in trash cans all over town, and it was a wonderfully liberating feeling.

He finally made it though, and here's a picture of Eli with his "I'm Finally Potty-Trained" Hot Wheels car and celebration cake. It was a pretty amazing cake if I do say so myself - moist, chocolatey, and filled with crushed oreos -  at least we got to enjoy half of it before the ants got to it. Grrr.

No comments: