Sunday, February 15, 2015

Fun Facts and Cute Pictures From Poppy's First Few Months

When Ivy was born, her left ear was slightly underdeveloped, just as Hannah's was at birth. Luckily it filled out nicely soon after.

She wouldn't take a pacifier until she was two months old, no matter how we tried. She did, however, love sucking on Mommy's top lip. You can imagine the strange looks I'd get at church and various other places with a tiny baby dangling off my mouth. But it worked! That's what got us through church for the first four-five months. The habit gradually wore off and I think the last time she did it was at around 8 months.

Nicknames are such interesting things. Before your baby is born, you couldn't possibly imagine all the silly names you will call them, but that come so effortlessly once they arrive. Here's a list of the nicknames that have stuck during Ivy's first year:
Poppy
Baby Bug
Ivy Bug
Bug
Buggy
Stinks McGee
Stinks
Peanut
Baby (Eli usually refers to her this way)
Missy (Hannah's nickname for her; this one was relatively temporary)
Tiny
Tiny Pants
Precious

And here are some of our favorite pictures and a video of newborn Poppy. She's so cute!



So precious and beautiful. 






Yup, I really was that tired!


I think this is probably the cutest little scrawny bird face ever!


Big smiles!




Fat lip anyone?

She's just SO CUTE!


She loves bathtime!

No comments: