Because Seth's birthday is the day after Joshua's, on or near Father's Day, and a week before our anniversary and Eli's birthday, it often gets overlooked. I try to celebrate it, I really do, but it's such a happily crowded month, I just can't keep up. So in 2014 the kids and I decided to throw Seth a surprise birthday party at the end of May! It was very simple but so much fun and so memorable.
First we made a "birthday cake" of chocolate-dipped macaroons piled up high with a Spiderman figure on top. For his birthday present, a very suave Spiderman apron. Then we took him out for a fun afternoon of miniature golfing at Boomers -- something he'd always wanted to do but we'd just never gotten around to. It was a great day. He's such a patient and understanding husband, he would never complain about feeling shortchanged on his birthday, but just the same it was very fulfilling to do something special to celebrate the special place he has in our family and in our hearts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



















No comments:
Post a Comment