Wednesday, June 18, 2008

HELP!

Okay, so can anyone tell me how to make that list of friends' blogs on the side of my page? I told you, I really don't know what I'm doing! And how do I respond to a comment left on a posting? Email?

This reminds me of when I was in high school and my AP English teacher (Mrs Pierose, for all you old Borah Lions out there) yelled at me when our class was working in the computer lab, saying I would never be able to graduate from high school if I didn't take a computer class first! (When I say I'm computer illiterate, I mean it. I didn't even type most of my papers in high school even though it was "required" -- I had nice handwriting so most of my teachers let me get away with it.) Anyway, I'm proud to say I not only made it through high school, I also graduated college without it. So there! (okay, so maybe it would have been a good idea...)

5 comments:

Liz said...

Being the reverse of you, practically all my classes in college were about computers. Not that that means I'm necessarily smart with them :) And by the way, you do have really nice handwriting.

To add a link list: Go to the "layout" section on your editing blogger site. On the right side click on "Add a page element." Then click on "Add link list." Then you just plug in the website addresses and the names. Remember to hit save when you're done.

To reply to comments, I either write a comment back on their site, or if it's personal, I send an e-mail. Or sometimes I just write a comment back on my site. I'm not sure what the best way is, but you can pretty much do what you want.

Good luck blogging! I'm still figuring this all out, too!

Rebecca said...

Thanks Liz!

Heather said...

I am glad liz answered your question- I am sure she worded it much better then I would have :0) I thought of you yesterday cause Cyd Charisse died- and she makes me think of Singing in the Rain- and you would do the dances for me in seminary :0) Ahhh the good old days! I can't believe your son and hubby have the same b-day! What on earth are you doing in the desert in CA? Good job on graduating! I am still working on that! I highly suggest going straight through after high school and not going on and off like me! Now I am preggo and who knows when I will finish :0) Anyhoo, good luck with blogging- you'll get the hang of it!
Rico

Tiffany said...

I'm glad I'm not the only that doesn't exactly understand how this all works. I dont' know if Tiff told you, but we just started a blog too. Yeah, we're copycats. This way you can see some of our pictures without Facebook! Yeehaw. Well, I'm not sure how to post this comment, but if you're reading this then. . . SUCCESS!

Heather Ashby said...

samlovesheather.blogspot.com
add us :)