Monday, June 16, 2008

Don't worry, we're still here!

So I promise it won't always be a month between posts. Sorry about that. :D The kids and I spent a wonderful couple of weeks visiting with Grandma Jan and Grandpa Buzz, and since we've been home it's just taken me awhile to get the motivation to learn this all over again! This will be mostly pictures because we always have lots of those to share. These are some of Hannah's spring/3-year-old pictures, pictures of our trip to Boise, and just some other cute photos.

Joshua is about to turn one on Thursday. He is just a super cute little boy. He loves to crawl around and chase balls, cars, sippy cups (pretty much anything he can get to roll), but his favorite thing to do is unscrew knobs (sorry, Mom). He spends most of his day turning the knobs on our dresser and kitchen drawers, and when he's not doing that, he's sitting in front of the overturned toy shopping cart or doll stroller, spinning those wheels. He also likes to inspect the underside of the glider while it rocks, seeing if he can figure out how it works. Can anyone else tell he's descended from a long line of engineers?


Hannah loves to watch and act out movies, stamp cards, play Uno Attack, and sleep in other people's beds (sorry, Mom). Everywhere we go, she finds a spare room, kicks off her shoes, and tucks herself in. The really bad part is, she refuses to have anything else on the bed while she's in it, so if something's in her way, it goes on the floor (sorry, Mom). Hannah is also too smart for her own good (well, if not for her own good, then definitely for my own good!). Her latest phrase is "I thought you said..." and boy, does she use it against us! Example #1: One night (we're working on finishing up potty-training) I put her to bed and told her I would come back when she was ready for a clean diaper. Sure enough, a little while later she called me in to change her. Well, since she'd already gone I decided I would put panties on her instead of wasting another diaper, but when I tried to do that she said accusingly, "I fought you said if you need a clean diaper..." So she got a clean diaper. Example #2: The other morning Seth was trying to coax her out of bed, so he told her we would eat pancakes when she got up. So he got her out of bed and then tried to lead her past the kitchen to the bathroom, saying "Let's go potty first. " So she turned to him and said, "I fought you said we were going to eat pancakes!" We're learning to be very careful to tell her exactly what we mean! We're also learning what it really means to have integrity, as she makes sure we keep our word!












4 comments:

Heather said...

hip hip hooray! A new post! your kids are darling- and your son's birthday is a day before mine :0) i just have him beat by 25 years! where do you live?

Ambyr said...

Yeay! Good for you for starting a blog and keeping it up! I love the stories about the kids. Sounds like Hannah is a little Goldy-locks sleeping in others beds! ;)

Tiffany said...

Hannah's pictures are so cute! What a gorgeous little girl. A little odd, but still cute :) I hope our kids are half as entertaining as she is!! I miss you guys so much and I can't wait to see you again!

And happy birthday to Joshie!

Tiffany said...

PS, our blog is tiffnrob.blogspot.com