Bald but beautiful!
So I had some questions about why Joshua's birth was so bad. It was nothing serious or life-threatening. Let me just say that "Pitocin" is a bad word at our house. I've been induced twice because these darn babies refuse to come on their own; this second time I was wanting to go natural and do hypnobirthing (which I loved and would highly recommend to anyone not being induced!). Anyway, to make the story short, my body does not handle Pit very well, but I forgot just how horrible it is until it was too late. I couldn't sleep for three days afterwards, my shoulders felt like I'd just done an eight-hour weightlifting session, and my stomach muscles were sore to the touch for two full months.
If you haven't had kids yet, this isn't supposed to scare you. I don't think childbirth is a scary thing and this isn't supposed to be a "childbirth horror story" or anything. I don't even think Joshua's birth needed to be like that. That's why I was so irritated that things happened the way they did. In fact, I liked the natural/hypnobirthing stuff so much that I have determined I will keep having babies long enough to have one come on its own and be a full-out hypnobirth...I guess we'll see how many it takes!
5 comments:
well, I am going with an epidural- I am too scared not to get it! I think I would worry too much that hypnobirthing wouldn't work on me. Let's hope this baby decides to bust free at 37 weeks and not camp out!
Oh his hair cut is so cute! Such a little man :)
Hi Rebecca, it's Martha Harmon. I'm so excited that I found your blog. You guys all look great. I can't believe how big Hannah and Joshua have gotten. His haircut is cute. I just cut Madsen's hair for the first time too. I still need to post pictures however.
no it's Tompkin :)
Rebecca,
Your children are absolutely beautiful (although I'm not surprised). You may be wondering if I'm some kind of stalker that enjoys commenting on random blogs; I'm not that weird. I'm just one of Seth's old friends from home. I clicked the link on Ambyr and Tyler's blog to see what Seth was up to... looks like good things, as always. Say hi for me. We missed you on the fourth, hope to meet you soon!
Allison Nadauld (formerly Idiart and family
Post a Comment