Here are some pictures of Seth and Hannah enjoying the rain we've gotten from the thunderstorms during the last week.
Friday, July 18, 2008
Monsoon Season
Who says it never rains in the desert? Having lived here for not quite a year, I'm not sure if this is typical or not, but we've actually had a couple of nice storms lately. In spite of all the water you see in the pictures below, it actually only rained for a short time. The ground is very hard here and doesn't absorb the water very quickly. And you wouldn't believe how fast it dries up once the sun comes back out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
WOW! That's a lot of water! Kind of looks like fun though :)
ah, that makes me miss dessert rain storms. Monsoon season is probably the #1 thing I miss about AZ. I wish I could be there and feel that again. Doesn't it smell so good? It does in rural areas like where I grew up.
So deep! Hannah's pic is priceless!
wow! that is a lot of water- hope your house doesn't flood :0) Same thing happens here due to the hard ground- but I have yet to swim in it. isn't it lovely when it rains in the desert? for two seconds i feel like it is cooler.
Post a Comment