Friday, April 3, 2009

Too Young For This

Since the day Joshua was born, our kids have adored each other. No real jealousy, sibling rivalry, anything like that. They are very protective of each other and each one thinks the other is the greatest, funniest, cutest person in the world.

Until we get in the car.

Here are some samples of what I heard every minute we were in the car today:

J: Grumpy!
H: I'm not grumpy!
J: Grumpy!
H: I'm not grumpy!
J: Grumpy!
H: (whining, almost crying) Mommy, Joshie thinks I'm grumpy! I'm NOT GRUMPY!


J: Ben!
H: (whining again) Mommy, Joshie thinks I'm Uncle Ben!
J: Ben!
H: (still whining) Mommy, help, joshie thinks I'm Uncle Ben!...(now yelling) He's touching me!!!

J: Raining!
H: It's not raining!
J: Raining!
H: (yelling again) It's not raining!


J: No!
H: Yes!
J: No!
H: Yes!
J: Yes!
H: No!

Etc.
Etc..
Etc...

Aren't they a little too young for this?

4 comments:

Jerri said...

Thank you for sharing. This is so funny. Gabe still does this. I cant wait to see all you guys

Paul and Susan said...

Brings back memories. Kids can make the simplest car rides stressful. It sounds like Joshua is an expert at teasing and knows how to get a rise out of his sister. Of course, this probably happens at home too if he has discovered his new found power for driving his sister crazy. Good luck, you're a great Mom and seem to know how to handle things well.

Ben Nielsen said...

Becca, its obvious that Joshie is in need of his uncle Ben! I am feeling the same way about him, too. Give him a hug and a kiss and tell him I can't wait to see him in just a few weeks! Oh yeah, I'm pretty excited to see you guys as well :) Love you, Becca.

Heather said...

Yes,I am pretty sure two children will be plenty for me...unless I get a boy for #2, and then I will just have to have 3 :0)