Saturday, August 22, 2009

Food

I am so in love with the grocery stores here. Most of them carry mostly whole, natural foods; plus, in the last few weeks I have gotten the following foods for the following prices:

watermelon: 10 cents/lb (is there a cents sign on the computer?)
raspberries: 77 cents/package
peaches and grapes: 39 cents/lb
strawberries: 88 cents/lb
green peppers: 3 for $1

One of these stores also has a great bulk section, so I no longer have to make monthly trips to Costco. I can get whole wheat flour for about 89 cents/lb, brown rice for 69 cents/lb, etc. I LOVE it!

Plus, we can always get milk for $1.89 a gallon. And people think San Diego's too expensive! (Okay, so rent's not cheap, but some things are worth paying for!)

5 comments:

maegan said...

Holy Molly, I haven't had that kind of luck here at all! Though I wouldn't say its "cheap", San Diego would be a breathe of fresh air compared to the Bay area. Can we move down there!?!

Paul and Susan said...

Those are some great prices. I would love to get all that yummy fruit for such a good deal. It sounds like San Diego has it's positive points to it.

Marissa said...

Those are awesome deals! Maybe I need to go shopping with you :)

Heather said...

sweet. I love a good deal. you sound like such a good mommy and wife- keeping the fam. healthy! I am trying, I really am.........but candy calls my name :0)

Tiffany said...

Ooooo, how fun! Strechin' those dollas baby! Good job :)

Only 1 more week until you guys are here! I'm going out of my mind with excitement!