Hannah was so very excited about turning eight. For months beforehand, all she could talk about was "I wish I could get baptized tomorrow! I can't wait!" When she had her baptismal interview with the bishop he was impressed with how much she knew and how well prepared she was. As a parent, I'd love to take credit for that, but really I know that it's just Hannah with a pinch of my sincere-but-certainly-inadequate efforts. But I try!
To celebrate the big occasion, we went to Disneyland for a few days with Grandma Jan and Grandpa Buzz, and Tiffany and Robbie's family. It was a BLAST! The kids loved going on the rides (all the little kiddie ones...I'm terribly disappointed that even the older two are afraid of Pirates of the Caribbean and refuse to even get on Splash Mountain or the Haunted Mansion.) Still, it was awesome. The baptism was held on the following Saturday, May 11, for which Oma and Papa also came down. The baptism of our first child was such a sweet experience. She was so happy and Daddy was too. I am so grateful for a wonderful husband who honors his Priesthood and can provide these sacred ordinances for our babies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment