Wednesday, September 10, 2014

My Mother's Day Present 2013

Picking up where we left off...the day after Mother's Day brought a very special surprise to our hosuehold. I found out I was pregnant with baby #4! Girl #2! (I knew it instinctively even before I was pregnant!) We had been trying for over a year for this baby so it was an answer to prayer. And ironic too -- this is the second time I've gone to Disneyland at the beginning of a pregnancy and not known it, even while suffering early symptoms that made sense once I found out what was going on! The first time was when I was expecting Eli. Seth and I took a weekend trip to Disneyland all by ourselves and as soon as we got there, we had to find a restaurant in Downtown Disney that served salad with craisins and candied pecans. I was dying for them! And the next evening, standing in line for a ride around 6 or 7 p.m., I was ready to cry because I was SO tired! (I thought I was just tired from staying up late the night before mopping gallons of water out of our bedroom closet carpet. Our water storage had burst and we learned the hard way that there are better places to store five gallons of water!)

This time I should have known something was up for two reasons: first, I was breaking out like crazy around my temples and my skin is usually quite clear; and second, all week long all I wanted to eat was hash browns! I had my dad cook them every morning while we were at Disneyland and even after we got back home, I had to have them every day!

Anyway, although he should have been thrilled, Seth's reaction to my announcement was less than satisfactory. Seth's parents were still visiting with us, so they were the first to know (I mean come on, Seth was at work, and you can't hide that from people who are right under your nose! At least I can't, but I'm no good at keeping secrets of any kind anymore). Marshall gave me a "new baby gift" of cash to go out to dinner with Seth to celebrate. So I took Seth out to our favorite Thai restaurant, Antique Thai, and when I subtly slipped him the positive pregnancy test along with the cash to pay for our dinner, he stared at it and said......................"You told my parents?!"

!!!!!

That's a man for you! Love you honey ;)

And as a side note, I was four weeks pregnant when we found out, and she was the size of a poppy seed. From the moment we discovered that, she was christened "Poppy."

No comments: