Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Happy Anniversary!
















Seth and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary on June 28th. (This is a busy time of year for us.) I just looked it up and found out that this is the "wood and silverware" anniversary. Did I get wood or silverware? Well...my book was made from a tree, and we used silverware to eat dinner, so close enough :)


Seth planned a wonderful day for us. We had an hour and a half of babysitter time during the day, so he took me over to the bookstore and let me choose any book I wanted (I got Arabian Nights and an old art book called The Art of Walt Disney -- from Mickey Mouse to the Magic Kingdom ...eat your heart out, Tiff!). Then we went over to the park and had a little picninc while he read to me. This was an awesome date because I love getting new books and we love reading together. Now we read a new Arabian tale every night before we go to bed, and when we're done with that book, we'll do the date over again and start something new. What a fun new tradition. Thank you so much, honey! After we put the kids to bed, Seth fixed up a fancy and delicious Jamaican dinner for us (reminiscent of our honeymoon) and just before we sat down to eat, we had to take time out for a little potty-training session with Hannah. So we microwaved our food and then enjoyed our delicious dinner.


After dessert and another chapter in Arabian Nights, Hannah rolled out of bed and hurt her shoulder badly enough to warrant a midnight trip to the ER. (AGAIN...for those of you who are unaware, she obtained the same injury back in March by rolling off the couch. We have all tile floors, so it's not hard to get hurt here.) Last time, the doctor thought she might have fractured something, so we didn't take any chances with this incident. No broken bones, just a badly bruised and swollen shoulder/collar bone. It's so sad to see your little three-your-old unable to use her arm at all -- she needs help lying down, sitting up, etc. and if you ask her how her shoulder is, she says "It's feeling sick." So sad!


But in spite of all the drama of ER trips and tantrums and teething and potty-training, we are very happy and have been very blessed in our five years together. Or maybe it's because of all that...after all, the happiness is in the journey, right?


Thanks for making the journey with me, Seth. I love you!








6 comments:

Liz said...

Happy Anniversary! Wow, 5 years already? I'm glad you were able to have an enjoyable day, even with the trauma. Hope Hannah's sick shoulder gets better soon.

Heather said...

I always remembered you with blond hair- nice to see a recent picture of you- adorable as always :0) Happy 5! WOW- You have 3 more under your belt then me :0) Sounds like a good day- I like your new tradition. I hope the wee one stops falling off of things and feels better!

Hannah said...

Hey Becca! I can't believe how big and beautiful your babies are!!! So crazy. I am adding you guys onto my blog. Please email me your email address so I can add you onto my list! Miss you guys
xoxox
HannahRSteadman@gmail.com

Heather said...

Children obviously did not turn my hair darker- mine comes from a box :0) It has been darker for quite a few years now- when I am tan and have dark hair I get asked where I am from a lot- people think I am from Mexico, Iraq.....anyplace with dark haired beauties! :0)

Tiffany said...

What a perfect anniversary date! Good work Seth :) Can you believe it's been 5 years already? Crazy. So Robbie and I decided that Hannah looks so grown up in this picture! You do have the cutest kids. Our kids will have a lot of competition. Lol. Hope Hannah feels better!

Jaeson Roundy said...

I do know how to shake it, don't I? You're not likely to see that video again, but I'm glad you got to see it while it lasted. Happy Anniversary and happy birthday to Joshua, too. He's incredibly cute and I'm glad our boys get to share birthdays. Hannah is as much of a doll as ever, and cuter. No promises, but I might get to that tag some time. I don't always do them. Hey, Jaeson's sister, Amy Gibson, might be stationed where you are. Her husband is Danny Gibson and he just reenlisted in the marines down there in the armpit of the Mojave desert. You went somewhere like that didn't you? Just thought it might be a fun coincidence.